The Zambia UK Health Workforce Alliance (ZUKHWA) was set up in 2009 in order to bring together the network of partners in both Zambia and UK who are jointly working to strengthen healthcare in Zambia. The Alliance has over 90 organisations from the UK and Zambia registered and is currently the largest health alliance in Zambia.
By joining you can network and co-ordinate your organisations activities with other individuals, organisations and partnerships working in Zambia. You will also be added to the ZUKHWA mailing list and receive regular communications and updates on upcoming activities, news and access to helpful resources.
Active membership is limited to UK, Irish and Zambia-based organisations and individuals that are involved or wished to be involved in international health work initiatives in Zambia.
The following requirements are necessary to constitute active membership:
- Members should agree to share information and expertise with other member organisations and individuals working and wanting to work in international health in Zambia through the ZUKHWA website, attendance at events, when possible, and through contact with other members.
- Working together, wherever possible, with other members of the Alliance for the benefit of both the Zambian and the UK / Irish communities and health professionals.
- Agree to share updates of work/projects, examples of best practice, news and events for communication to other members via the ZUKHWA website and mailings.
Membership of the Alliance is free. Organisations and individuals become members of the network by registering here
The Alliance aims to:
- Provide a focal point to help ensure that Zambia’s needs and requests for support and mutual development are known and understood by UK and Irish organisations.
- Promote specific projects at the request of the Zambian Ministry of Health
- Facilitate communication between potential partners both within Zambia and within UK and Ireland.
- To provide a hub to share best practice and share successes and failures
- Help ensure better coordination between all the many groups which have links and partnerships between the Zambia and UK/Ireland– these may involve universities, hospitals and other health organisations, diaspora groups, NGOs, charities, private companies and government departments.